Head of J-Force - Jumia (Full Time)
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia's ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
- Manage the commercialperformance of the JForce team
- Coordinate team performance with business goals – mostly working closely with the commercial team
- Design marketing campaigns toreach revenue targets and agent activation targets.
- Ensure that the Shipped to Net(STN) and other operations related KPIs of JForce are enforced by runningpromotions, offering incentives and issuing penalties for cancellations.
- Develop and manage healthyworking relationships between the team and the J-Force Agents byincreasing interactions and monitoring/ devising structures for the growthof agents.
- Design and coordinate the implementation of processes aimed at resolving J-Force Agents’ issues within 24hours of complaint.
- Optimize the recruitmentprocess across board (every region) and strategize on improving Agentactivation
- Monitor the overall performanceof all Agents and Regions.
- Ensure that agents’ commissions are calculated correctly and paid out on time
Required Skills & Qualifications Basic Requirements
- BSc in Business Administration,Business management, Accounting, Economics, Marketing or related fieldfrom a recognised and accredited university.
- A Masters’ in any relevant field is an added advantage
- 5 – 7 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a similar role.
- 3 - 4 years in working in asales position preferably managing a large team
- Successful previous experienceas a sales representative or sales manager, marketing or demandingcommercial operations role consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Committed to continuouseducation through workshops, seminars and conferences
- Experience in ProjectManagement with proven ability to drive processes from inception to finish
- Strong business sense andadequate knowledge of the online marketplace model and ecommerceenvironment
Expected Personal and Technical Skills
- Advanced knowledge in MicrosoftOffice suite (Excel, Word and Power point) and Google Office productivitytools
- Demonstrated ability tocommunicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levelsof the organization
- Must possess strong analyticaland problem-solving skills
- Must have strong leadership,organizational and team management skills
- Must possess an advancedknowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Ability to work on multipleprojects simultaneously and meet deadlines on schedule.
- Excellent mentoring, coachingand people management skills
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- A n unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures