The Product Manager takes on many product management responsibilities including envisioning the product, managing the product roadmap, understanding the market and describing product functionality. The job holder is responsible to ensure that the features on the Product Backlog are delivered to the right level of quality by the relevant Product Team Feature Squad.
Voice of the Customer
- Knowledge of Business strategy and ability to clearly formulate business priorities to Programme team.
- Facilitate the relationship with the end-customer and business leadership/owners, bringing the Voice and priorities of the customer to the fore.
- Collaborate with the business unit to define business case for the product on the platform
- Own the product vision and initiate the product road map, articulating the epics and features that should seed the product backlog.
- Initiate the Discovery process
- Active participation in the Design Solution thinking
- Identify features to be delivered
- Perform GAP analysis on the technical, operational and environment considerations for new product development and differentiating/expanding products.
- Roll up product dashboard and provide additional, periodical and frequent communications to the external clients and partners.
- Ensure the solution solves the business problem / meets the customer needs
- Accountable for business leader engagement and socialisation of Programme updates as well as business readiness
- Drive out adoption/utilisation and commercial targets.
- Become the content authority for the Programme Backlog,
- Prioritise the backlog in agreement with the Business Owners and work with Product Owners to actively manage scope and quality.
- Provide content for Programme backlog
- Active daily participant in Programme planning
- Decide on feature prioritisation by prioritising the Programme backlog
- Decide whether a feature get de-scoped during the release process
- Identify ways to continuously improve on quality standards
- Degree in Information Systems, Product Management or Human Computer Interaction disciplines; or
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodology
5-7 years Practical experience in working in a variety of business areas within IT. Understanding and experience of the various disciplines within IT and how they relate to each other.
7-10 years Experience in system analysis, design, construction and testing. Experience as a technical and application architect. Hands-on application development and architecture experience
Other required knowledge:
• Strong knowledge of Agile methodology