Vendor & Procurement
- To work as agreed with the Procurement Manager on major Sourcing initiatives as well as identify, develop and execute commercial solutions
- To create a commodity specific best in class sourcing leadership to the organization by benchmarking new processes, approaches, and technology that will continually drive improvements on performance and business results, maximizing value to the organization.
- To take responsibility for the development and implementation of effective category strategies across the appropriate lines of business or the entire enterprise.
- To research, identify and analyze current and emerging procurement trends, develop a deep understanding of market conditions, develop proposed supply chain solutions focusing on total cost of ownership and Supplier Diversity.
- To build and leverage strong working relationships with internal customers and key suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
- To create and communicate a vision of potential opportunities with enthusiasm, and rally support for that vision while motivating others.
- Contribute to achievement of the development of local suppliers
- Ensure that Total Cost of Ownership targets are met and/or exceeded
- Drives for early Strategic Sourcing involvement in the project lifecycle to better influence strategy and results through the establishment of a commodity specific Category Advisory boards.
- Develops and implements effective category strategies across the appropriate lines of business and/or the entire enterprise.
- Develop sourcing strategies and market approach, negotiating “best in class” commercial solutions aligned to business drivers or delivering specified components thereof.
- Undertake defined aspects of key commercial activities necessary to support delivery of the commercial solution (e.g. Contract Due Diligence) - undertake relevant analysis as required at key stages of the sourcing process.
- Manage the handover of commercial arrangements into live operation post contract award
- Develops presentations and presents recommended commercial and sourcing solutions in a clear, concise, and effective manner to leadership to gain understanding and support
- Researches, identifies, and analyzes current supplier and market trends
- Benchmarks new processes, approaches, and technology that will continually drive improvements on performance and business results
- Contributes to the development of the strategic sourcing vision (strategic 5-year plan) and annual operating plan. Sets and re-evaluates priorities in accordance with business needs and expectations.
- Builds and leverages strong working relationships with internal customers and key suppliers
- Assist in developing supplier scorecards that measure performance against key requirements and obligations
- Assist in the development of Supplier Diversity opportunities by identifying new and/or alternative suppliers
- Develops and leads implementation of supply chain process improvements
- Knowledge sharing with sourcing colleagues, supporting new ways of working and assist with the development and implementation of new tools and techniques
- Work cross-functionally to establish and maintain working relations with other parts of the Group, influencing as needed to deliver role outputs
- Work with Sourcing Head to plan approach to market, drawing up timelines and personal task management sheets to achieve agreed objectives. Report on project status while maintaining all management activities on a day-to-day basis
- Ensure sourcing is in line with organisational and external governance
- Support and contribute to team building and team dynamics through personally displaying leadership and team attributes
- Embrace new ways of working with Sourcing Colleagues and wider community, helping to embed new ways of working and cultural changes
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- The incumbent must be registered member of the PSPTB
- The incumbent must be a holder of CPSP (Certified Procuement & Supplies Professional)
- The incumbent must hold a Bachelor Degree in Procurement & Supplies, Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, or B.Com
- As a minimum the incumbent must be in the "Graduate" category.
- Extensive knowledge of Sourcing and Supplier Management techniques
- Ability to influence clients
- Attention to detail and ability to assimilate, appraise and extract information quickly when faced with numerous ad hoc queries.
- Problem solving skills to analyse information to evaluate internal and external demand and external supplier information and extract critical cost opportunities.
- Negotiations skills
- P2P competent
- Risk Management and project management skills
- The ideal candidate must have Logistics and Facilities experience, planning and buying experience
- Sourcing or relevant commercial experience in excess of 3 years