Finance: budgeting and forecasting, creating interim and annual financial statements, facilitating internal mergers and acquisitions, as well as dealing with analysts and investors.
- To drive change in the PBB Finance area.
- To provide insight and guidance on the future infrastructure, financial and management information systems and applications within Finance
Facilitate change across the PBB SA finance capability
- Understands the accounting systems and the management information which form the basis of reporting on a monthly basis.
- Identify and implement innovative solutions to optimise sourcing, processing and reporting of information for all reporting periods.
- Simplify and automate processes to enable less time spent on required deliverables.
- Drives automation of self-service functionality for financial and management information.
- Ensure synergies and alignment between the actual and budgeting processes.
- Drive a culture of innovation and change within the immediate and wider finance team.
- Operate in an agile manner and assist the teams in operating in a similar manner.
- Assist with build of a forecasting tool.
- Understand business units' requirements and assist with ‘building once and utilising multiple times'
- Remove duplication of effort from multiple requests by different teams
- Ensure that data quality is improved
- Ensure that financial and non-financial information can be seamlessly and accurately reported
- Introduce and implement innovative ways of operating, e.g. machine learning, robotics etc
- Reduction in time spent on processes - feedback and baselining time taken
- Automation and self-service capability creation
- Stakeholder feedback on ease of use of reports
Portfolio Management Tool (PMT) - client management reporting
- Understand the PMT tool, in terms of business rules applied, processing times, methodologies etc.
- Lead the finance stream in respect of PMT, i.e. governing the process from end-to-end
- Provide and implement a tactical and strategic solution to enable optimal regional reporting
- Provide the requirements and ensure automation and standardisation of regional reporting requirements
- Remove regional reporting duplications between finance teams
- Be the central point of contact for Finance between IT, FBS, Measurement and Finance
- Optimise the PMT process and reduce time to report
- Engage with relevant teams to provide PMT reports via self-service capabilities
- Communicates and engages with Finance teams on rules, changes, process etc.
- Build relationships with the key contacts in related areas
- Collaborate and influence the future reporting functionality of FMT (finance management tool and the PMT tools)
- Lead daily stand-ups or facilitate a better operating model to enable this in an efficient and productive manner
- Assist teams with automation of reconciliations between FMI and PMT
- Become the PMT SME for Finance
- Stakeholder feedback on communication and engagement with key players
- Reduction in complexity, duplications and time to report
- Automation and self-service optimisation
- Facilitating an optimal operating structure
Financial Management Information (FMI) - general ledger
- Understands the financial operating environment, including timelines, deliverables and expectations in order to reduced time to deliver.
- Standardises and optimises reporting from FMI.
- Optimises current timeous and manual processes, e.g. product reporting, segment reporting, regional reporting
- Assists with dashboarding and automating packs, storyboards, budget views etc.
- Rethink and test the current processing methodology and challenge the norms
- Optimise the segmental report
- Completes analytical investigations and ad hoc projects.
- Provides financial input and feasibility studies for new projects initiated
- Leverage and scale reporting in central finance to enable Bus to become true value managers and partner with business appropriately
New projects and initiatives
- Be the lead on all new projects and initiatives.
- Partner with Group on their journey, e.g. Self-service reporting, faster GL close, Deliver 2020 etc.
- Understand best practice within the Group and leverage this, e.g. CIB budget and forecast capability
- Understand and present, and potentially implement, external and new ways of Finance partnering and reporting
- Delivers on ad hoc requests in a timeous manner and manages stakeholder expectations appropriately.
- Ensures that the outputs of the area to business and finance are reviewed and are of a high quality.
- Ensures that the business and finance partners are well informed of the rollout of all initiatives / projects to ensure that the project / initiative impact is effectively communicated to them.
- Present projects currently in play, or intended, to the PBB Finance Change Board
- Successful implementation of the initiative on time and budget
- Stakeholder feedback on the quality of product
PBT (Planning and Budgeting Tool)
- Lead the PBT and budget stream in terms of managing the new tool and building out the functionality of the tool appropriately
- Successfully deliver a rolling forecast tool integrated with PBT
- Successfully deliver a shape modelling tool integrated with PBT
- Build PBT to the required levels, per agreement with business
- Lead the change management process to implement the new tools
- Communicate all processes effectively
- Train the people and test the tools thoroughly
- Ensure all product models are properly built into the tool and signed off by product
- Build in comparative input drivers
- Become the key point of contact between the developers, IT, FBS and Finance
- Manage the developers according to timelines and agreed scope
- PBT delivered and properly utilised for forecasts, RE1 and Budgets
- Stakeholder feedback
- Become a member of the change board
- Understand the change environment and impact of all projects and requirements to PBB SA Finance and ensure these are on the roadmap
- Understand the Bank Analyser journey and the strategic intent thereof and drive the relevant processes to ensure the PBB Finance strategy is understood, communicated, driven and implemented.
- Provide support and assistance to the Head of Finance
- Empower the finance staff through training and exposure to latest technology
- Stakeholder feedback - Finance exco, change board members etc.
- Manages a team to ensure effective delivery of objectives for the area.
- Develops a high performing team by embedding the bank's performance process, regular performance feedback and coaching. Addresses poor performance.
- Motivates team members and ensures that they receive recognition for work well done.
- Determines development needs of the team and ensures that development opportunities (training, rotation, on-the-job learning) are budgeted for and executed.
- Maintains a succession plan for the team by reviewing the skills of the team at least twice a year and has career conversations with them.
- Interviews and recruits new members of the team, including determining the appropriate salary with input from the Human Capital Business Partner.
- Creates workforce plans for the area to ensure that current and future business requirements can be met. Such plans should be revisited at least twice a year.
- Uses workforce plans to obtain headcount approvals on an annual basis and as input into the financial budgeting cycles.
- Creates quarterly leave plans to ensure adequate coverage. Approves leave requests and leave sell requests.
- When required, initiates disciplinary processes for team members. Resolves grievances raised by team members, escalating only if unresolved.
- Effective people management (e.g. performance appraisal discussions conducted; performance contracts in place; job descriptions in place and kept up to date).
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- First Degree Finance and Accounting
- Honours Degree Business Commerce
- Certifications: SAP R3, BW, FMI, BPC, Qlikview
- 7-10 years Financial reporting/Management, Financial system implementation, Project management
- Strategic Planning and Reporting
- Financial reporting/Management
- Financial system implementation