Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
The eFX technology team head up the group of applications and services that compose the eFX function for sales and trading. The team connects markets, pricing, trader tools as well as various client channels and segments. You'll play an integral part in developing and maintaining primarily Java server-side components which implement market making, price distribution and STP.
- Develop key components of our eFX target state architecture.
- Design and implement new solutions using Java and open source technologies.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Investigate, diagnose and repair production problems.
- Work directly with internal clients and features analysts to elicit requirements, gather feedback and deliver solutions.
- Research and evaluate new technologies for implementation in the organisation.
- Drive continual engineering delivery improvement.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a field requiring strong analytical and quantitative skills such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems or similar, or equivalent work experience and technical training
- Minimum of 5 years technical work experience in a team environment as a Java Developer
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Proven Java programming experience, preferably working on low latency, high throughput distributed systems.
- Strong grasp of core Java API's (data structures, concurrency, NIO etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Have an understanding of and experience with multithreading
- Experience with design patterns
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be flexible, enthusiastic
- The ability to work independently as well as a contributor within a team.
- An interest in the financial markets