Retail & Business Banking
Provide a sales and professional financial advisory service function to the branch based banking market, increasing market penetration through the management of a portfolio of accounts and proactively identifying sales and cross-selling opportunities.
- Grow the asset/liability base with respect to branch-based business banking market share in an innovative manner.
- Manage & own the relationship with specific tier 1-business customers.
- Fulfil the business and personal banking needs of business owners.
- Retain the customer base and expand Stanbic's market share (meeting customer retention and acquisition targets, identifying new and existing clients/leads to target).
- Responsible for merchandising in the branch based business-banking market
- Analyse information from a variety of sources, determine customers' financial needs, the nature and type of relationships, risk analysis and financial analysis and make judgements as to the most suitable and profitable solution
- Monitor changes in the operating environment, quick to act upon potential opportunities. Keep abreast of business banking developments through regular perusal to relevant literature.
- Ensure that all aspects of credit policy are adhered to and the desired standards with respect to accuracy and timely reporting are achieved.
- Comply with legal, credit and risk management-related obligations.
- Providing superior customer service as measured by customer feedback/customer satisfaction surveys.
- Informing and educating customers about the bank and bank products (raising the customer's awareness of the most appropriate products and services).
- Cross selling and increasing customer portfolios (educating and informing, proactively identifying needs and monitoring accounts).
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A degree or postgraduate degree (business and/or finance related).
- Good understanding of Branch procedures & existing customer profiles.
- Risk management principles.
- Sales support.
- Product knowledge (general as well as investment-related; can determine product combination possibilities; understanding of pricing so as to be able to determine profitability) and also, an understanding of when specialist support is needed.
- Credit scoring principles and procedures.
- Credit applications processes.
- Technical issues such as how to credit score, use software, open accounts.
- Understanding of the Bank's strategy & the local market business conditions and key players.