Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
To manage and coordinate service delivery in the Information Technology department by managing the activities of the Service Desk and related delivery of IT support to user departments in the bank. The role shall be the principal custodian of service delivery and change management in the bank and shall ensure appropriate governance processes are strictly adhered to
- Coordinate the activities of the IT Service Desk by ensuring that all faults are logged in the fault management system, are escalated appropriately and timely feedback is provided to users on progress.
- Manage system testing and ensure change activities are well controlled by coordinating availability of appropriate resources and that resources are assigned accordingly.
- Facilitate and coordinate testing, implementation and sign-off from relevant business units prior to implementation of all changes (production related changes and projects)
- Ensure successful implementation of changes without degradation of service and ensuring compliance to the Groups change management processes
- Participate in project meetings and follow up on actions arising.
- Act as the main link person between IT and the country Project Manager on all project related issues
- Represent IT in all Service Forums across the bank.
- Provide IT management with status reports on all current and outstanding change/work requests and proposed implementation thereof
- Liaise with SBA Head Office IT and/or Vendors on the status of changes and ensure follow-up on failed changes
- Provide daily/monthly/quarterly reports to IT management on faults / incidents received, status and resolution thereof.
- Monitor all fault/incident resolution periods and Mean Time to Repair to ensure that are SLAs met
- Coordinate event management practices in liaison with the technical managers to ensure system performance monitoring is in place
- Ensure Problem Management practices are in place for all recurrent incidents and known errors
- Assist in the development of IT Controls according to IT Service Management best practices like ITIL.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems or related field
- At least one year experience in any of the following areas: IT security, Infrastructure, Technical, support, Systems Administration, Applications support, Electronic Banking/Channels Support, Programming, Database Administration, Systems Analysis, Project Planning
- Banking/financial industry experience would be an added advantage
- Knowledge in application maintenance and support services.
- Knowledge in Change Management (IT)
- Knowledge of Banking and Financial Services Business
- Quality Assurance
- Knowledge and understanding of types of services agreements (operational level agreements and service level agreements), the negotiation of service levels, service monitoring and business engagement around appropriate service levels.
- Ability to provide optimal IT support to departments to help facilitate meeting of the Bank's objectives.