The Position to be Based in Zomba City
Supports the Chief of Party in the management and oversight of the EMPOWER project, ensuring a high level of project performance in relation to results, budget, reporting, compliance. S/He will provide program management support and technical knowledge to ensure the delivery of high-quality programming and capacity strengthening programming. S/He will have a proven track record in program management of USG/PEPFAR projects, civic society strengthening programs working with CSOs and host governments to provide training and capacity building.
Program management, oversight and guidance
- Coordinate management of resources supporting assigned partners to foster collaboration of technical and program management experts
- Develop, maintain and report on dashboards and trackers for portfolio-level KPIs.
- Contribute to the development and roll-out of systems, tools, templates and practices.
- Ensure awareness of and adherence to FHI 360 project management standards.
- Ensure appropriate technical, programmatic, and other support to implementing partners and DHOs.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of projects to achieve programmatic and financial targets.
- Ensure compliance with applicable FHI 360 policies and procedures as well as donor requirements.
- Coordinate project and implementing partner work plans and budget for submission to USAID.
- Coordinate documentation and dissemination of best practices and success stories
- Support communications function to raise the profile of the project and capture impact of USAID investments in DREAMS/AGYW in the focus districts, through publication of quarterly newsletter, technical briefs and updates on the web portal.Capacity strengthening
- Lead the project's partnership development and capacity strengthening activities, adapt and disseminate relevant partnership assessment tools, and provide technical training and guidance to the project team and partners on capacity strengthening processes.
- Providing technical expertise in strengthening the organizational, advocacy, and policy-making capacity of selected local organization
- Promote the sustainability of project activities through effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of implementing partners, community-based organizations, and host government counterparts.
- Lead the adaptation of relevant partnership engagement and capacity strengthening tools and platforms, and provide specific technical training, mentoring, and coaching to the project team and partners.
- Coordinate program reports for submission to USAID.
- Conduct institutional and systems analysis to support CSO capacity strengthening and advocacy platforms.
- Lead trainings and other institutional development methods to engage local CSOs
- Provide technical support in the development and execution of systems strengthening to support project activities.
- Develop adequate monitoring tools for the implementation of the systems and advice course correction where necessary in consultation with the Chief of Party.
- Oversee implementation of robust accountability mechanisms across all project components
- Ensure close liaison and consultations with internal and external stakeholders to collect and incorporate feedback into project activities.
- Build effective working relationships with consortium partners, government ministries, county-level officials and local institutions.
- BS/BA in public health, social sciences or related field, and 10+ years' relevant experience in development including 5-7 years' supervisory experience, or
- MS/MA/MPH in public health, social sciences or related field, and 7+ years' relevant experience in development, with 5-7 years' supervisory experience.
- Experience implementing USAID and PEPFAR-funded projects.
- Understanding of USAID's CLA Framework and how it can improve programming.
- Demonstrated successful record of providing technical assistance to government ministries in systems strengthening.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to plan and coordinate work, and self-manage a diverse and dynamic set of responsibilities.
- Demonstrated computer operating skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and virtual technologies such as Skype.
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office.
- Knowledge of adaptive management techniques.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in knowledge management, organizational learning, and capacity strengthening.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Fluent written and spoken English.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others - and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.